Every human has 24 hours allotted to him in day yet many people find it difficult to achieve a lot within a day. Others are highly productive and are able to make great strides every day. What separates those who are able to meet schedules from those who cannot? Efficient time management is what makes the difference between those who can fit a lot into a day and those for whom 24 hours is never enough. The planning, organization and deliberate allotment of time for specific activities in order to increase productivity, efficiency and effectiveness is referred to as time management.
Why is Time management important?
The importance of time management should not be brushed aside. Time management aids in smart and quick execution of tasks and activities. It increases our worth in the eyes of employers, clients and co-workers. The importance of time management in our daily lives cannot be over-emphasized. The best time management strategies help to alleviate stress by allowing swift execution of duties in order to meet deadlines. Efficient time management will prevent you from over working. Effectively applied time management techniques will go a long way towards reducing the risk of contracting terminal ailments. The importance of time management can be felt when you start incorporating time management tips in your life.
Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – ZIG ZIGLAR
Time management skills and tips
These are crucial for the timely execution of outlined or set out goals and objectives.
The time management skills and tips this article seeks to impart are;
1. Prioritizing: Prioritizing will help you to steer clear of procrastination which can cause you to miss deadlines. Make an effort to execute tasks promptly by prioritizing all assignments by order of importance.
Time management is an oxymoron. Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. —JOHN C. MAXWELL
2. Goal setting: The ability to set and execute goals efficiently is another of the important time management skills needed in order to meet deadlines. You must set meaningful goals which are relevant with the work objectives at hand. One of the best time management tips ever; is to set sub-goals for all tasks.
3. Avoid Multitasking: Multitasking tends to make us lose focus and causes us to rush in a bid to finish all the tasks at hand. The end result is shoddily produced work. It is best to divide tasks into groups instead of trying to do a lot of different things at once.
4. Keep things in perspective by remaining calm: It is quite easy to get flustered when a deadline is coming up and you still have a lot of unexecuted tasks to work on. Allowing yourself to become overwhelmed will serve to derail you from the tasks at hand.
5. Use to-do lists to better allocate your time.
6. Schedule all appointments in your daily planner.
7. Spend 30 minutes before bed to plan out activities for the next day.
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – BRUCE LEE
8. Finally, learn to delegate matters that do not require exclusive attention from you.
Putting time management tips into practice will help improve productivity increases your value to employer, clients and all others.