Simply put, a Growth mindset is the notion that everything is possible. With this kind of mindset, how one views things become very important. The growth mindset is a very critical success factor. The growth mindset has the idea that, one’s intelligence in every sphere of life can be developed. It is based on the premise that those who try become successful and that all that success requires is an effort to be put into it. Normally, the way one envisions himself or herself affects how the person leads his or her life. It can either limit one’s prospects or bring about great successes. The growth mindset, through making everything seem possible, is able to improve one’s self –esteem. Once one believes you can do all things, one carves a positive self image of himself or herself which is critical success factor.
“It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
It is a critical success factor in that it sparks the belief that their characteristics are things they can improve with effort. Indeed, people vary in lots of ways but by applying oneself diligently to a particular cause and through experience one would have unleashed a secret to success. There are a whole lot of things that are worth knowing about growth mindset.
Here are five of them:
1. With the mindset that intelligence can be developed, one will obtain the desire to learn and the tendency to become successful becomes imperative. Having a growth mindset inspires one into putting more effort into learning. With the believe that improvement is possible, one is likely to be driven towards learning and practice.
“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.”
2. Those with the growth mindset embrace challenges. They don’t despair at the least problem. They persevere when faced with challenges and this is a critical success factor. One secret to success is to change the challenges of life into future successes.
3. Growth mindset, the new psychology of success sees efforts as a road to mastery or dexterity. People with this mind set overstretch themselves and are ready to tackle new challenges which are critical success factors.
“If you don’t give anything, don’t expect anything. Success is not coming to you, you must come to it.” – Marva Collins
4. Mindset is the new psychology of success. This is because people with the growth mindset find it easier to learn from criticism. They do not see criticism as a threat but as a feedback to help them improve. Individuals with this kind of mindset are not afraid to fail because they know they can learn through practice.
“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
5. They learn lessons and take inspiration from the success of others. A growth mindset attributes success to learning which a critical success factor. a growth mindset makes one confident that after such effort they will be able to learn, and then to improve their performance.
See Also: 35 Best Moving Forward Quotes To Succeed
Since growth mindset has the ability to unleash doors of success, expanding one’s growth mindset comes with significant benefits. This expansion can be done through seeking constructive criticisms, pushing through challenges, reviewing failures and mistakes, examining the kind of thoughts that fill your head and working harder during days of depression.